Either if you are a digital nomad in Greece or just passing by, you may need a Covid-19 test to
fly in and out Greece and to to travel around the islands. We will walk you through all you need
to know about getting a COVID test in Athens during the summer 2021.
Covid-19 Protocol in Greece
There is a certain protocol for anyone who will arrive in Greece from abroad. All travelers must
complete their PLF (Passenger Locator Form) until the day before entering the country,
providing detailed information on their point of departure, the duration of previous stays in
other countries, and the address of their stay in Greece. For more info check: travel.gov.gr
Free Street Rapid Test Spots in Athens
Here you can find a daily updated list with all the spots that provide free covid tests.
Unfortunately, the site is only in Greek, so make sure that a local will help you or use your
Main Clinics in Athens
The list below has some of the most popular clinics in Athens, which offer service and results in
English, normally within 24 hours. You could also arrange to get tested at home, at your business
place, at airport or even inside your own car.
- Euroclinic Many Locations – Call to book an appointment – Drive in available
- CrossBorderMedCare House or Office Visits – Call to book an appointment
- Athens Medical Group – Call to book an appointment
- Iatropoli Many Locations – Call to book an appointment
- Vioiatriki Many Locations – Call to book an appointment
- Viotypos Many Locations – Book online
Athens Airport Covid-19 PCR and Rapid Testing
Interested arriving or departing passengers in Athens International Airport or Thessaloniki Airport “Makedonia”
as well as airport personnel may proceed without appointment to the Covid-19 testing points of Athens Medical Group located in Athens International Airport (“Arrivals” level, between 2nd and 3rd entrance points, daily from 07:00 to 23:00) and Thessaloniki Airport “Makedonia” (“Arrivals” level, daily from 10:00 to 18:00), for sampling.
Everyday from 07:00 to 23:00. (Normally the results are available in the same day)
You can book and prepay the test here.
Prices for the SARS-Cov-2 virus tests
- Molecular, PCR method: 60€
- Rapid Test: 20€
- Self-test: 3-10€ (bought from drugstores)
- Test that detects antibodies: 25-40€